Welcome to the Chaparral Hawks Health Garden site!
Their own webpage is here!
As part of Chaparral’s PTA health program, this teaching garden, located between the kindergarten playground and the portable classrooms, is a vegetable, fruit, native-plant, and flower raised-bed project. The garden was built in Spring of 2015 by parent volunteers, teachers and students. It supports all 800+ students in the teachings of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math), allowing children to learn healthy nutrition and lessons in nature while building, tending, growing, and profiting from their garden. Each grade level has a raised bed to be responsible for, and Chaparral is excited that this outdoor classroom is now a wonderful educational addition to the school.
The Hawks Health Garden is always seeking help to keep out garden and projects growing. Here are some ways to help:
- Volunteer in Garden Corps: Sign up at Back-to-School Night and be a classroom volunteer (seeking at least 2 per class). You will be trained to teach one garden lesson per season. This will be a fun and rewarding way to make memories with your child and make a difference to Chaparral! Please contact Joelle Kohn at or email@example.com
- Become a Recess Volunteer. We would love parents and grandparents to do a little gardening and help interested kids visit garden stations. Chaparral will set up seasonal exhibits to keep the learning ongoing. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contests and Grants. Urge your child to participate in garden contests and grants. Chaparral will send out information as contests become available. Visit this page for more information.
- Donate to the PTA, designating "Garden" in the memo line.
- Wish List. Contribute gardening items from our Wish List. Please contact Nancy Bellinghiere Hall at x 4144 or email@example.com for info.
- Fundraisers. Watch for upcoming fundraisers such as engraved legacy brick sales, paint-a-brick sale, and Chaparral farmer's markets. Visit this page for more information.
GATE OPEN + ADULT = COME IN!
GATE CLOSED = GARDEN CLOSED
STAY ON PATHS
BUGS – LET THEM “BEE”
CAREFUL WITH TOOLS
PICK & EAT WITH PERMISSION
HAVE FUN & LEARN